In the last six months, time seems to have sped up, slowed down and stopped all at the same time.
This doesn't really make any sense, but I really can't explain it any other way.
It all stared with what we thought was just a speech delay. But evaluations and appointments and paperwork, red tape and blah blah blah blah blah later, it was suspected that more was going on than what we thought.
Fear took over and denial set in.
Fast forward 6 months...
After meeting with a wonderful developmental pediatrician, who came highly recommended... for good reason. We were told our beautiful, wonderful boy with the sparkling, devilish eyes had Autism.
There are many who think this couldn't possibly be, tell me he is much to young, or that whatever is going on he will grow out of it.
Well... I agree with them and I tell them that I certainly hope and pray that this is so...
But then I think... so what!
Look at him.
He's the happiest little boy I have set eyes on, he looks at everything from a different perspective AND he is brilliant and amazing and SOOO ridiculously clever.
Though, we are following the path of therapy and special needs services for him and I have found myself fighting tooth and nail to make the bureaucrats listen, I have to remember to sit back and observe the child and not the disorder.
...Just like all the people who think the doctors and therapists are misguided and Seamus is perfect...
...Because no matter what, he is.


No comments:
Post a Comment