Friday, October 5, 2007

While the boys were away...

...I got to play with paint!

It was so much fun!! I forgot how much I love to draw and paint. I haven't done it in years. I used to keep several sketch books to draw or jot down inspirations. When I lived in NYC, I would carry a pocket sized drawing journal with me everywhere because there was always something crazy or interesting.

I still have all of them... somewhere... probably at the bottom of that box I still haven't unpacked. Even though we moved five years ago!

Here some highlights taken of Baby Boy-o's pond mural... or pond scum as his maternal grandmother fondly refers to my theme of choice... mother's-- gotta love 'em!





Day One






Day Two





Day Three









Day Four









Seamus, upon first sight of his mural, clapped his hands, started dancing and exclaimed, "Whoa! It's a bird!"

My mother even seemed genuinely surprised when she saw it for the first time and said she liked the "pond scum".

So, I think it was a hit!

No comments: