...Halves that is.
No, the pink-hued wrap is not completed... well, I guess you could say that half is!
After, devising this ridiculous bobble pattern-- which turned into a bobble pattern border, because, A. the pattern does not show up in the ribbon yarn I chose; and B. I didn't have the heart to rip it all out... again-- I realized when I was just about at the half way point for the desired length that if I didn't want to have a coronary trying to figure out how to reverse the invisible bobble pattern, I was going to have to knit it in two pieces and graft it together.
So, I did.
Unfortunately, it felt like I was starting all over again and I became a little distracted and discouraged. So, I stalled for a few weeks. In the meantime, I was very productive doing anything but knitting.
I seriously have to finish this damn... ahem, lovely wrap for my dear friend. I need to move on to bigger and better things... maybe smaller might be better... regardless, my sanity is at stake.
That said, I finally made it to the main lace pattern last night after fighting with the decrease pattern for about two days before I decided it was close enough. As the women from my knitting group say, "If it's not perfect, then make it Amish!"
I refuse to set a deadline because every time I do it blows up in my face and I drag my feet even more, but I only have about 12 more inches to go before I can graft the middle together and call it a wrap.
Pun intended, fingers crossed!
Spring Summer Yarn Tasting Kit!
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment