Winter does it to me.
Life does it to me.
Wife-dom and Motherhood sometimes is the cause.
And recent current events (that I am not going to get into, but if you want to know, go turn on your TV) are certainly a cause of blame today.
I guess I'm depressed and spring still seems so far away. I use escapism a lot to get through the rough patches.
That's where knitting comes in. It occupies my mind with color and imagination. My mind is in constant motion trying to conger the next stitch, texture that I will create.
I can create a world of warmth where only happiness exists. (I know, not very practical, but sometimes we all need a break from reality, so just humor me for a few hours. OK?)
Unfortunately, even that hasn't seemed to stifle the blahs lately.
I'm stuck in a foggy forest and I can't find the path to lead me out.
That's what it feels like; my brain can't function properly, because there is some sort of fog around around it.
So, I dug into to my stash to see if I could pull out something to inspire joy and fight off the blahs.
This is what I came up with:
I fell in love all over again with this Noro Sock yarn when I unearthed it this morning. This is actually a new addition and I think this might just do the trick!
Now I just have to figure out what sort of lacy goodness needs to be born from it...
Suddenly I'm feeling inspired!!


No comments:
Post a Comment