Friday, September 14, 2007

Charming thirds?

I am so frustrated I could cry. In fact, I have, a several times over the last few days.

All I want is a medical professional to listen to me.

Is that so much to ask for?

Yes, actually listen. Not dispense drugs that I have no intention of taking, or "informative" pamphlets on useless information that has nothing to do with the reason why I am seeking their assistance in the first place. I guess I'm asking for a lot...

Over the last 8 months, I have been struggling to keep my head above water and suffering through endless doctor visits only to come out even more confused and frustrated than I did before I entered the office. Not to mention the fact that I am on doctor number two after realizing doctor number one was impossible to deal with, wouldn't listen, quickly dismissed my worries by telling me I was being unreasonable, and proceeded to give me the third degree about a condition I have no control over and cannot explain. Even though I have had about 973 tests of varying types to determine that... doot do do... there is NOTHING wrong with me.

Well, I coulda' guessed that was coming!

So, after following doctor number two's direct orders. I called to follow up, only to be told, in fact, I was not doing what I was told. Even though I know I was. And it shouldn't matter because shouldn't a patient having a medical issue be treated with a little respect?

After dealing with a surly nurse, an even surlier doctor number two who reprimanded me like a young child who dumped the Kool-aid on the carpet and left it there to dry (he actually called me back to do that), I am now about to go in search of doctor number three.

I sure hope that three will be a charm, because I am at my wits end.

Maybe I'll finally find the helpful ear that will listen?

or, I may need bail money...

No comments: